Red Quinoa & Black Bean Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
This quick and easy high protein salad made from quinoa goes great in your lunch box or for a light weeknight dinner!
- 1, 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup dry red quinoa (first rinsed in a fine mesh strainer)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1 small green apple, diced
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, leaves roughly chopped
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or, avocado oil if on hand)
- 1 tablespoon honey (warmed slightly in the microwave first)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and papper to taste
Directions: Whisk all ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook the quinoa by bringing 1 cup vegetable broth to a boil, then adding the quinoa, covering and simmering for 15-20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff quinoa with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the black beans, quinoa, cilantro, red pepper, green apple, and scallions.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the quinoa mixture and enjoy! This can be served at room temperature or chilled. Will last 3 days in the fridge.